Using with VPN

General discussions about Little Snitch

Re: Using with VPN

Postby macmicke » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:10 am

RLD wrote:
It was mentioned earlier that LS cannot use applescript. This is false, You have to enable Allow gui scripting and scripting addition in preferences under security.

This is not true at all as you illustrate in your post. GUI scripting is scripting of the GUI, i e it's the graphical interface that uses scripting, not an app. Scripting of a process resource like an app means the app itself must support scripting by having a Dictionary. Does Little Snitch have a Dictionary? Does LS execute scripts?

Postby BuddyOwen » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:34 pm

I never question that but I'm sure that will help you out with this. I think it's possible and as I read through here I can tell that it's really not difficult to set up. Good luck and write back when you have results.

Postby TheMongoose » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Rather than arguing about which VPN provider and their custom software is "best" (which will be different for different use cases anyway!), my question is:

How do I get Little Snitch to recognise when I've used the native Apple VPN in MacOS?

It somehow shows up in the "Automatically activate this profile bit", but I can't add it manually and it doesn't actually change profile when I connect or disconnect from it.

Postby JammieR » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Looks like all the hot vpn users are here, marketing their products. Well using with vpn service is the thread. I am using the best US VPN available in the market in term of price and features.
Totally agreeing with the above post that there is a hell lot of difference between paid and free vpn service.
In paid you are getting full encryption and security, where as in free you are getting a black listed IP address.
I use a paid vpn service for streaming and torrent. I Prefer using a popcorn time vpn for accessing illegal video content. :mrgreen:

Postby clayvligon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:37 am

I am an advocate of using VPN for any purpose for your system but highly against of using free VPN as they do not provide the same security protocols as the paid ones do. I too use VPN for popcorn time for watching movies and shows and it has never let me down. If you are a noob or do not have an expertise in the domain of security then I would definitely recommend this blog 5 best VPN of 2017. I hope it helps everyone out there.

Postby Neil_Hines » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:04 pm

I'm personally using ivacy VPN and its really great VPN for me. If you want to know more about ivacy here the guidance to ivacy VPN review.

Postby Segaco » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:13 pm

One of the things you need to check is how well your VPN protects your data.

Does it log everything or not?

Return to “Little Snitch General”