First, I'd like to say that I think V2 is a fantastic upgrade both visually and functionally.
On the bar graphs, why does one read from the top down and the other from the bottom up?
Count me in as one of the people who really liked LS being the in the SysPrefs. It was always convenient and since it was in the SysPrefs it seemed more 'integrated' in the OS.
On the Network Monitor...
1) Remember the 'stay visible' check mark upon reboot
2) Add the ability to toggle the monitor from 'stay on top' to 'desktop level'
3) Add the ability to adjust the translucency of the monitor
4) Add the ability to automatically remove items after a a specific time (2 - 5 minutes) after no network activity. For example, I just rebooted and I now have 18 items in the monitor. The vast majority of them are applications "phoning home" to check version numbers. There really isn't any reason to keep them in the monitor.
5) Add ability to 'lock' the monitor in a specific spot and be unmovable. Simply removing the title bar would probably be easiest.
6) Add ability the for the expanded view to always show the top item dynamically.
7) Change the graphs from outlined to not having any outlines. The reason is that the right side of the monitor looks a little cluttered with all of the empty graph outlines. If there weren't any outlines, then the right side would be 'clean' unless there was activity.
Having the text of actual network input/output in the menu bar (as in iStat menus, Menu Meters) would be nice. That would require only a single menu bar item as opposed to running two for network info.
Again, fantastic upgrade and I like the new style; especially like the new popup notifications.
General discussions about Little Snitch
1 post • Page 1 of 1