Nice piece of software!

General discussions about Little Snitch
askywalker

Nice piece of software!

Post by askywalker » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:17 am

I just wanted to say that I have been using Little Snitch for about a week and am very impressed with it. It installs easily, uses a very small footprint, and uses a very comfortable 'Demo' system which works great.

The interface is clean, crisp and elegant. I have found it simple to setup and use.

I would love to see some additional features, but understand that it is usually better to avoid 'feature creep' for small apps like this... Personally, I would like to see:
1. Ability to block 'everything but' - very handy, particularly in high bandwidth cost situations (International roaming, satellite etc..)
2. Packet sniffing - capture raw data so that we could inspect the traffic that we are allowing (or blocking?)

At $25 it is a great deal. Apps like Little Snitch can help everyone understand what is going on with their network. If your computer is talking to the outside world - you should know why, because more than likely your computer contains information that you don't want to share with the world.

Mauri

Post by Mauri » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:54 pm

I agree! Little Snitch rocks! :lol:
and the support is very fast!

wimpus

Post by wimpus » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:53 pm

Mauri wrote:I agree! Little Snitch rocks! :lol:

Yup, the best there is!

and the support is very fast!

Indeed :D