Comments on Beta6

General discussions about Little Snitch
NovaScotian

Comments on Beta6

Post by NovaScotian » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:24 pm

I've just started using v2b6 (after using v1 for eons) and have several comments/first impressions.

1) I really like the notifier, but wish there was a way to turn off frequent repeaters (like Google Notifier and a few others) rather than just turning off notifications to avoid the constant interruption.

• Is there a way I haven't found?

2) For apps like NewsNetWire the setup is pretty painful if you have a lot of subscriptions. There needs to be some blanket way of dealing with those.

3) I was glad to see that the notifier window could be moved to a second screen.

swgs

Re: constant notifier additions.

Post by swgs » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:14 pm

I came to the forums today just to request a way to remove an application from showing up in the LS Notifier that pops up. I like the notifier, it's slick, but I don't need to see it for every Safari connection, and every NNW connection, and everytime MailPlane checks with gmail for mail.

NovaScotian

Post by NovaScotian » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:38 pm

Agree. I uninstalled it rather than just turn off the notifier. The uninstaller froze in the process, so I searched for all the pieces of v1 and v2, had no way to distinguish between them, and now don't run any version. Ah well. :cry: