Graphic Card change

General discussions about Little Snitch
beatjunky99

Graphic Card change

Post by beatjunky99 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi,

downloaded LS 3.0 Preview, it's great, especially the incoming connection denial...

But... ^^ If you deinstall LS 3.0 and have other filesystem operations (copy/move/chmod...) running at the same time, next time you boot network speed is really limited (about 10% of original speed). (retried this several times, to fix just install LS 3.0 again, then quit all apps, have no filesystem operations running and then deinstall LS 3.0).

Next up: I remarked, that LS reqires my MacBookPro to run on the discrete graphiccard, so just about 3 hours with LS installed... Even disable network filter does not help, you first have to kill LSAgent from Terminal, then it changes back to integrated graphics mode... I think this change of graphics mode belongs to the new networkmonitor, but its also working well on my integrated if I force this mode with gfxCardStatus.app. So would it be possible to give me back my 7 hours of battery life even with LS enabled?

Greez and happy coding on new gorgeous Little Snitch,

bj99

FredB
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Graphic Card change

Post by FredB » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:25 am

+1 about the forced use of the discrete graphic card.
Specially as LS runs all the time…

On the opposite, I noticed a few apps that were triggering discrete card use have stopped since Mountain Lion, e.g. Delibar, Sparrow, Twitterrific, etc.
I really hope you can do it too.

jotie

Post by jotie » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:04 pm

I also noticed this. I don't see any reason why LS really has to use the discrete graphics. So, I agree that it would we nice if this can be fixed in the final release. Otherwise I'm really happy with the new stuff. Great work! Thanks!

SeguraTBlack

Post by SeguraTBlack » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Same problem.

Battery life adversely effected...

Bumped this and reported it as a bug. Suggest you do likewise as they may not have time to browse the forum...

Regards...

r.giskard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by r.giskard » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:21 pm

For me upgrading to Preview 2 (3867) fixed this problem.

http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnit ... otes3.html

jotie

Post by jotie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 pm

In my case (15'' MBP early 2011, OS 10.6) Preview 2 doesn't seem to have fixed anything. LS is still 'GPU dependend'.