BlockList

General discussions about Little Snitch
dondraper

BlockList

Post by dondraper » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:50 pm

I use a PC at work and because it's the businesses internet I'm pretty careful about what I do/don't do not it.
I use lists (most are free) are iblocklist.com and add them to programs like peerblocker - p2p lists, governments lists, pedophile lists.
They are update daily and its something Little Snitch really needs to work into the application.
When downloading from p2p, wether it be movies, or music there are some people you don't want to have any connection with, not the mention the people who are trolling for IP addresses. Allot of other Windows based (if not all) security programs are using some type of peer block - the popular MalwayreBytes Anti-Malware is constantly flashing when I'm downloading a new release of peers it has blocked.

If there is already a work around for this I would love to use it - if not we should see what we can do to help LittleSnitch work this into their next release!!!

manfred
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: BlockList

Post by manfred » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:32 am

It is possible to copy & paste a comma-separated list of IP addresses into Little Snitch. A rule with a list of IP addresses might look like this:
ls_iplist.png
ls_iplist.png (8.84 KiB) Viewed 5677 times

iamafractal

Post by iamafractal » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:52 pm

is there a way to get LS to regularly update the blocklists I've added or subscribed to?

paladin82

Post by paladin82 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Yes that would be an excellent feature to add.

r.giskard
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by r.giskard » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:12 am

Since version 4.1 Little Snitch supports managed block lists. https://help.obdev.at/littlesnitch/#/ls ... scriptions

Here you find a well maintained ad-server block list:

Code: Select all

https://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serverlist.php?hostformat=littlesnitch-rule-group-subscriptions&mimetype=plaintext

To subscribe to this group, open Little Snitch Configuration, choose New Rule Group Subscription from the File menu, and enter the previous URL.