Google Updater can't be approved?!

General discussions about Little Snitch
TizzyD

Google Updater can't be approved?!

Post by TizzyD » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:45 am

Google Updater, an app that updates Picassa, runs each day via a job. That job creates a temporary copy of kurl in my tmp directory, and then attempts to log out to Google. I have tried to specify that the site is generally approved, but the random location of kurl throws the check in Little Snitch off. So, Little Snitch sees the app as a new one, and each day, I am greeted with a check to approve that query.

Is there a way to approve any instance of kurl (regardless of path) to go to www.cache.google.com (or whatever host it requests)?

Just wondering, because there's either a way to accomplish this configuration, or I am removing the Updater. I loathe the incessant requests.

manfred
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Google Updater can't be approved?!

Post by manfred » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:46 am

What version of Little Snitch do you use? Version 2.3 introduced a fix for this issue.

soboku

Re: Google Updater can't be approved?!

Post by soboku » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:23 am

Far as I'm concerned its not fixed. I removed Chrome to stop this since I don't use chrome browser but I do have chomecast. Now back to the same problem. I'm really starting to dislike Google. I have little snitch Version 3.3.1 nightly (4071)