Thanks for the new domain filter feature!

General discussions about Little Snitch
SigW

Thanks for the new domain filter feature!

Post by SigW » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:45 pm

First, let me thank you for the new domain filter feature. It has been nagging me for quote a while and my LS ruleset was growing up to 1k rules before.

However, I'd personally love to see the ability to set a domain filter on the alert dialog. Right now I have to accept a host filter and jump into the LS ruleset window to switch it into a domain filter.

Also, a very minor annoying thing, when you create a new rule with the "until quit" condition and open it from the LS ruleset window you must untick the "Until Quit" checkbox, close the window and reopen it to select "Globally for all users". It would be great if you could do this without save & close the window first.

Last but not least, a new option on the alert window to allow a rule temporarily for, say 10 minutes, would be great. A lot of time I'm using "until quit" but since I am also using GlimmerBlocker the rules will stick until I restart GlimerBlocker or the SnowLeopard MacBook.

Beside of that, keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Sig

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Thanks for the new domain filter feature!

Post by norbert » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:50 pm

SigW wrote:when you create a new rule with the "until quit" condition and open it from the LS ruleset window you must untick the "Until Quit" checkbox, close the window and reopen it to select "Globally for all users". It would be great if you could do this without save & close the window first.

We've just released Little Snitch 2.3.2 which addresses this issue. You can now turn off the "Until Quit" option and turn on the "Globally for all users" option in one go.

SigW

Re: Thanks for the new domain filter feature!

Post by SigW » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:33 pm

Wow! That was fast. Thank you!!