Little Snitch and Skype bubbles?

General discussions about Little Snitch
lolly_z

Little Snitch and Skype bubbles?

Post by lolly_z » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Hello guys, I'm new to Little Snitch and after its installation I've begun having issues with Skype.
Skype chat has always worked fine for me: chatting with a user and then minimizing the window always delivered me the notification of a new chat near the Skype icon in red, thus leaving it private. Now, after installing LS, whenever I get a new chat message I also get an annoying "bubble" on the screen, with whatever the user is writing. I've already checked every single little preference in Skype (seriously, EVERYTHING) and no clues. So I'm thinking this is a weird behaviour caused by LS (the only new prog I've installed so far) . Any advice? Anyone with the same experience? I've read through the forum but couldn't find anything similar (I've been googling as well). Thanks in advance for your help.

manfred
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Little Snitch and Skype bubbles?

Post by manfred » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:16 pm

Try to disable Little Snitch (Preferences -> General -> Stop) and test if this happens again.

Please let me know what you observed.

lolly_z

Post by lolly_z » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:31 pm

manfred wrote:Try to disable Little Snitch (Preferences -> General -> Stop) and test if this happens again.

Please let me know what you observed.

Hello manfred,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately no improvement, still getting on screen chat bubbles.

manfred
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by manfred » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:47 pm

This is the indication that Little Snitch isn't responsible for it.

Is it possible that you installed Growl (http://growl.info/index.php)? Growl is a notification system for MacOS X. You find it within your System Preferences.

lolly_z

Post by lolly_z » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:24 am

manfred wrote:This is the indication that Little Snitch isn't responsible for it.

Is it possible that you installed Growl (http://growl.info/index.php)? Growl is a notification system for MacOS X. You find it within your System Preferences.

Yes! I have indeed, not sure when or how but that was the problem. Thank you so much, now I'm happily running LS without interference :)