Network Monitor Display

General discussions about Little Snitch
paulc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Network Monitor Display

Post by paulc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:06 pm

I LOVE the network monitor and support user requests for wanting more data/logging from that function. BUT, there's one thing that bugs me that I do NOT see talked about.

The drop-down panel is locked to one, and only one place. AND it serves to obscure your boot drive. Yes, there IS a work-arounf (cmd-N) but my preference is to NOT have to use a work-around.

So one thing is a user can specify exactly where on their screen this should show... OR provide a "hover over-disappear" function (there a nice weather program called WeatherDock than has a "desktop graphic" function that disappears when you need to select/open anything it may hide. This method MAY be easier to implement... but something should be done.

hagen
Wizard
Wizard

Re: Network Monitor Display

Post by hagen » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:35 pm

Are you talking about the drop-down menu from the icon in the menu bar, or the Network Monitor window itself?

Neither one obscures my boot drive, and they aren't visible most of the time anyway.

paulc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by paulc » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Not the menu, the window. That window does NOT line up with the menu icon at all, it looks like it is hard coded to sit at the top and right edge of the screen at the top.

Oh, now I see... there's a grab bar bottom right, so I CAN horizontally shorten it... I think originally I made it wider to be able to see the domains being contacted...

hagen
Wizard
Wizard

Post by hagen » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:08 pm

You should be able to drag the window to anywhere on the screen.

paulc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by paulc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:28 pm

Oh boy am I a dumbkoff! I had tried like crazy to see if it could be moved... but with no success. Because you said it CAN, I gave it another shot. Took me a bunch of tries until I hit on that very slim excuse for a title bar was the spot to grab n drag. I wonder if this is actually documented anywhere?