Applescript or automating loading rules

General discussions about Little Snitch
bderenzi

Applescript or automating loading rules

Post by bderenzi » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 am

Hi,

As I mentioned in the "Profiles" post, I have 2 rule sets that I change in and out fairly frequently. I'd like to be able to do this easily from LaunchBar. My first thought was to write a simple applescript to tell LS what to do, but it seems that the LS config util doesn't support applescript (seems reasonable I suppose). So then I tried finding the rule file with launchBar, hit tab and open with LS. That doesn't seem to work either.

Is there any easy way to script or automate loading a backup of some rules? (notice I'm trying to use to OD applications together...)

Thanks,
Brian

bderenzi

Re: Applescript or automating loading rules

Post by bderenzi » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:54 am

Sorry, should mention I'm using LS 2.0.5 and LB 5 RC 4.

B

avenirphoto
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by avenirphoto » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:58 pm

I believe everything is deliberately confusing with Little Snitch. Block should mean Block. I also believe Little Snitch was bought out by Apple so they can hack in without being blocked. Try and block any title with ntpd.apple, time.apple, apple, mac or anything related to apple and you will still see it appear on the black Connect History square that shows up. You may also find that Microsoft Word pops up also. They will let anyone that pays them to hack in. If you know how to block the above please let me know.

sims10

Post by sims10 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:50 am

any luck with launchbar, apple script and little snith.
i would like to use this option also - there are time periods during which i would like to block off Internet conenction to mail.app.

can be achieved best using little snitch - if it was easy to toggle that on and off!