Strange FF 3.5.2 outgoing requests

General discussions about Little Snitch
harringg
Rank 1
Rank 1

Strange FF 3.5.2 outgoing requests

Post by harringg » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:48 am

I recently did a complete wipe and reinstall of my MacBook Pro, and am running FF 3.5.2 and have LS set to prompt me everytime a new site I come across, and if it's legit, I allow forever. However, I'm getting prompts for sites I've never been at (since reinstalling the OS) and this happens when there are no tabs open other the one I'm at (which I know has no outgoing links to the sites that keep popping up).

Has anyone seen this behavior in FF? The sites are one's I've got bookmarked in Delicious FF add-on, but are sites I've never been to yet on the current install. I've contacted Delicious too, but has anyone seen this? This never happened before I did the wipe/reinstall.

paulc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Strange FF 3.5.2 outgoing requests

Post by paulc » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:39 pm

I suspect what you are seeing is the fact that a LOT of sites want to connect to a LOT of other sites for ad crap. I find it totally out of control... top pages takes forever to load because that one page has to connect to maybe half to a dozen other servers. Way too many of such sites remind me of the days when we were using 9600 baud modems...

harringg
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Strange FF 3.5.2 outgoing requests

Post by harringg » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:35 pm

That's not the case, because for a specific example, I'll be looking at my own domain (no other tabs open) and it will prompt me for a video editing forum i have bookmarked in Delicious. I really think that's the culprit since I don't see this behavior when in Safari (no Delicious plugin like in FF). I was just wondering if anyone has seen this who uses LS.

Thanks

harringg
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Strange FF 3.5.2 outgoing requests-RESOLVED

Post by harringg » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:38 am

Disabling Delicious Version 2.1.062 Add-on for FF caused the problem to go away. It was the plugin. Glad I had LS to know it was happening.