Little Snitch blocked everything

General discussions about Little Snitch
carloscane

Little Snitch blocked everything

Post by carloscane » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:59 am

Hello everyone! After someone recommended me your software I tdonwload the trial version to check it out. Unfortunately it started blocking everything like a Windows firewall so I wanted to unistall it. So I did it with the Unistall option in the installer, but to me sorprise when I wanted to connect to firefox, aMSN, Skype or whatever software I wasnt allowed. Now I can't access the internet with my MacBook, not with a single program.

I wasn't having the problem until I installed Little Snitch so I honestly want to get rid of it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

PolishPanda

Re: Little Snitch blocked everything

Post by PolishPanda » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:13 am

The same has happened to me and frankly I'm pretty pissed. I've been trying to solve the problem for a while now with no results.

I tried uninstalling using the installer.

paulc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by paulc » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:56 pm

By default, at first LS does tend to block a lot of stuff (there are default open holes for some of Apple's software, Safari and mail) as well it should be doing. The point of the software is to allow you to chose what to allow and not allow. If it was wide open, you'd never get a chance to tell what IS going on, nor be given a choice to allow or not allow.

BTW, it's only blocking requests FROM your computer to the outside, so it is not a firewall.

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 am

PolishPanda wrote:I tried uninstalling using the installer

Hmm, that's odd. The Uninstall option of the installer should completely remove Little Snitch from your system. Please make sure to run the latest version of the Installer which is available at http://www.obdev.at/littlesnitch/download.html.

If you still have a problem uninstalling Little Snitch please raise a support ticket and include the Little Snitch Installer.log file located at ~/Library/Logs (the "~" tilde sign refers to your home folder).