LOST SERIALS not being sent

General discussions about Little Snitch
donmega

LOST SERIALS not being sent

Post by donmega » Thu May 28, 2009 10:39 pm

just put a fresh install on my machine and Im trying to retrive my serial from the site Lost Serials tab.... I enter my email address and it comfirms the details will be sent to my email address but nothing comes through.. any ideas, i have checked Junk spam and Obvious can any one here help

donmega

Re: LOST SERIALS not being sent

Post by donmega » Fri May 29, 2009 10:36 am

Anyone help?? :?

pauladaunt

Post by pauladaunt » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:58 pm

I didn't get my serial resent either and cant send you little snitch guys an email without configuring my email software. Can you make it any easier?

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:34 pm

donmega wrote:I didn't get my serial resent either and cant send you little snitch guys an email without configuring my email software. Can you make it any easier?

Without being able to reach you via email it's quite difficult for us to send you the license key. We cannot post the license key in the forum.

polkaholga

Post by polkaholga » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:07 am

Hi,

i've the same problem !!
Asked for sending me my key again. The following site says "information has been sent to your email adress..." , but i never
receive any !!! Tried this 3 times now !!!
I tried to make a support ticket, but didn't even get a confirmation for that !
no response.... nothing !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

that's annoying

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:34 am

polkaholga wrote:i've the same problem !!
Asked for sending me my key again. The following site says "information has been sent to your email adress..." , but i never
no response.... nothing !!!!

To me this sounds very much like an over-eager spam filter, either at your computer or at your Internet service provider's server.

polkaholga

Post by polkaholga » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:35 pm

norbert wrote:
polkaholga wrote:i've the same problem !!
no response.... nothing !!!!

To me this sounds very much like an over-eager spam filter, either at your computer or at your Internet service provider's server.

My spam filters are on their lowest level and my account receives dozens of spam every day !!
This can't be the prob !!! :roll:
Any other solutions available ?
i.e. sending the key via pm ?

EDIT:
I've made a request on the objdev support site now.

cobra

Post by cobra » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:06 am

I see this is an old thread, but I'm having the same issue. I couldn't remember which of two emails I had used, so I tried both. I did get a response to one, which stated obdev couldn't automatically find record of a license for that email. The second email got no response. That tells me the system isn't working. So I emailed obdev like the email explained to. No response.

Now, I could have easily pirated the software, but chose not to. I'm simply out $30 at this point. Any help at all here?

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:05 pm

When you navigate to our contact page http://www.obdev.at/contact/index.html, click through to narrow down your request (e.g. to a specific product) and then click the "Open E-Mail Window" button, your usual email application should open a new message window, pre-filled with the destination address and a subject.

When sending this email you should at the very least receive an automated response stating the support ticket number your request was assigned.

If you do not even receive this first response then there is clearly a technical problem with the email delivery process.

As we receive and answer many requests per day, we can say that there is no fundamental issue on our side that would break all the email communication.

But unfortunately email communication in general has become less reliable, mainly but not only due to the SPAM issue.

If you cannot reach us for some reason (e.g. do not even receive the reply with the ticket number), please try another email account, if you have access to one.

If we receive a request multiple times even after we have answered it already (which would suggest that our answer never reached the requestor), we do try to reply using different email accounts too.