not saving settings

General discussions about Little Snitch
doox00

not saving settings

Post by doox00 » Sat May 16, 2009 5:26 pm

I just downloaded and trying out little snitch. I it pops up and asks if I want so and so to access the internet, I have a few apps I have select always for.. I launch them again and same thing.. it keeps prompting me.. ideas what I may be doing wrong or is this a program glitch?

This is the one thing so far keeping me from purchasing the software.

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: not saving settings

Post by norbert » Sat May 16, 2009 7:25 pm

Make sure to select "Forever" when the connection alert appears. By default the "Until Quit" option is selected, so if you allow a particular kind of connections for an application, this permission is only valid until you quit that application.

doox00

Post by doox00 » Sat May 16, 2009 7:30 pm

norbert wrote:Make sure to select "Forever" when the connection alert appears. By default the "Until Quit" option is selected, so if you allow a particular kind of connections for an application, this permission is only valid until you quit that application.

yeah I have been selecting forever. It seems to be fine with all programs but everquest.. each time I launch eq it asks me again, even though I select forever. I just installed the daily release thing, I will test it out some more.

thanks

dlosada

Post by dlosada » Fri May 22, 2009 4:19 pm

It's happening to me too. With Little Snitch 2.1.3.

G5 2.0 Dual Processor and 10.5.7. caches cleaned, privileges repaired... No way.

berk

Post by berk » Fri May 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Yeah!

...same to me!

OS X 10.5.7 on a Nathalem MacPro...

Shall we install 2.0.5 again ??

Regards,

Bernd

karl
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by karl » Tue May 26, 2009 12:45 am

Please download and install the new nightly build 429 available at:
http://www.obdev.at/littlesnitch/nightly.html

If your issue still persists please create a support ticket so we can assist you.

firefly

Re: support tickets

Post by firefly » Sun May 31, 2009 3:24 am

karl wrote:Please download and install the new nightly build 429 available at:
http://www.obdev.at/littlesnitch/nightly.html

If your issue still persists please create a support ticket so we can assist you.

Regarding support tickets, I would like to know if a support ticket results in my email address, message, name or any other info about my request appearing online without my needing to log in to see it? I prefer to get information sent by email if I have a question. I like to know the consequences of a support ticket or of even EMAILING you guys in advance because I have run into two companies prior to today who thoughtlessly created "support tickets" on the web and claimed I did not need to "worry" because search engines they felt would not find it unless I published the URL, which is an idiotic way to gamble with the abilities of roving search bots whose business it is to snoop through domains and try to publish every unsecure URL they can grab. So I am afraid to send a support email to the company email addresses OR to post a support ticket through a web form until after I learn the policies on what happens when I send an email or what happens when I use a webform to send a support ticket as to what then happens -- do you email the info privately or post it publicly or post it on the web in an area requiring me to log in? And what info is shown? The text of my question? My name, email address, user name? Just trying to learn without finding out the hard way.

thanks!

paulc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by paulc » Sun May 31, 2009 3:02 pm

Firefly, you always have the option of getting a free, web-based e-mail address (i.e. google, yahoo).

norbert
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by norbert » Sun May 31, 2009 4:06 pm

firefly wrote:Regarding support tickets, I would like to know if a support ticket results in my email address, message, name or any other info about my request appearing online without my needing to log in to see it? I prefer to get information sent by email if I have a question.

Our support system is entirely based on email. Your messages do not appear online anywhere.