New feature idea "History Log"

General discussions about Little Snitch
Sergiozzz

New feature idea "History Log"

Post by Sergiozzz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Basically i use little snitch since version 1 and now 2 and i love it, it's the best network monitoring software out there.

I am very grateful for this software!

I was thinking that it would be good to have a history log for each application. Most of the time i have settings set to allow all, but i want to be able to see back in past and figure out which connection application made and what servers it connected to and let say select particular server and made a rule for it for that application and block the connection directly from the history log.

I thought this might be good idea. Let me know what you guys think.

Laurent

Re: New feature idea "History Log"

Post by Laurent » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:32 pm

I would like to support this request as well. Many OS X programs log internal information that is useful to diagnose problems. It would only increase Little Snitch interest as far as security is concerned to be able to browse the history of modified rules and allowed/blocked access.

paulc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by paulc » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:47 pm

I'd LOVE to see a logging function added. Everything dumped into a tab delimited text file. I could then dump the raw data into Excel or a DB for whatever analysis I wanted to make. I think this is the simplest and quickest way to get there, without a lot of coding by ObjDev.

dijontech

Post by dijontech » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:42 pm

+1

I would use this for my clients if I could get it to pipe traffic. I believe in older posts it sounded like a feature on the roadmap.