Feature request: Denial Log

General discussions about Little Snitch
lintila

Feature request: Denial Log

Post by lintila » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:40 am

When I am playing a game that takes over the screen (For example World of Warcraft) Little Snitch makes audio announcements when something is auto-denied internet access. This is all find and good, but it would be helpful if a record was kept so that after I get out of the game, I could decide what to do with those auto-blocked items.

Thanks
Lintila

distractme

Post by distractme » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:23 am

I vote for this feature. As a new user, I was extremely surprised to discover that LS does not maintain a log. And now I am even more surprised not to see a lot of other users clamoring for it. Seems to me that basic security demands being able to at least record every Alert and corresponding user response (or lack thereof), somewhere like ~/Library/Logs/LittleSnitch.log .

iGreg

Post by iGreg » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:45 am

Regarding the v.2 beta:

Yea, there are a few issues with Wow. Another is that I was unable to connect even though I allowed the connections. I had to allow the main game application, game launcher, the Blizzard Updater, & Background Downloader, for ANY connections, to be able to use the game.

Is there any configuration less extreme than allowing ANY connections and still be able to play the game?