Final Cut Studio help...

General discussions about Little Snitch

Final Cut Studio help...

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:25 am

I have to figure out a way to uninstall Final Cut Studio without losing any content so that I can be on the same network with other cpu's that have the same serial number or buy this program so will Little Snitch work on Final Cut Studio?

PJ

mDNSResponder

Post by PJ » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:00 pm

I've seemed to get Final Cut Studio (FC Pro, DVD Studio Pro, etc) running on two machines on the same network by blocking all connections by mDNSResponder service. I haven't tested this extensively yet, so don't rely on it. Hope it works for you!

PJ

Re: mDNSResponder

Post by PJ » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:21 pm

PJ wrote:I've seemed to get Final Cut Studio (FC Pro, DVD Studio Pro, etc) running on two machines on the same network by blocking all connections by mDNSResponder service. I haven't tested this extensively yet, so don't rely on it. Hope it works for you!

Found this at http://developer.apple.com/networking/bonjour/faq.html:

2. What is mDNSResponder?

mDNSResponder is a Bonjour system service that implements Multicast DNS Service Discovery for discovery of services on the local network, and Unicast DNS Service Discovery for discovery of services anywhere in the world. mDNSResponder is built into Mac OS X and can be downloaded as part of Bonjour for Windows. Applications like iTunes, iPhoto, iChat and Safari use mDNSResponder to implement zero-configuration network music sharing, photo sharing, chatting and file sharing, and discovery of remote user interfaces for hardware devices like printers and web cameras. mDNSResponder is also used to discover and print to Bonjour printers and USB printers connected to the AirPort Extreme and Express base stations. mDNSResponder is open source, and hardware device manufacturers are encouraged to embed the mDNSResponder source code directly into their products to benefit from zero-configuration networking.

So blocking this system service would render all the above services unusable if I understand correctly. Just for the info.