Gmail Rules In Little Snitch 2

General discussions about Little Snitch
LSJPhotoman

Gmail Rules In Little Snitch 2

Postby LSJPhotoman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:08 am

I am trying to figure out how to stop the network monitor/process window for Little Snitch to stop popping up EVERY 10 seconds when I am connected to mail.gmail.com I use FireFox if that matters at all). Is there a way to stop particular processes such as this be allowed to continue, but WITHOUT the monitor/process window popping up constantly. It's starting to drive me NUTS?

New user, so any advice (explained in clear directions) to assist with this would be MORE than appreciated!!!

Thanks!

GeneralJackson

ludwigschubert
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby ludwigschubert » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:24 pm

Two ideas:
1. You can make a rule that says that Firefox shouldn't be displayed in the monitor anymore. (ask for help, if you need it)
2. If you only want your gmail connections to not be shown, you could use an application like Fluid to make a site-specific browser for gmail and set the rule for it.

(You can also disable the network monitor completely, of course)

I'm aware that those aren't concise directions yet, so feel free to ask about anything :D

hand123

Re: Gmail Rules In Little Snitch 2

Postby hand123 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:41 pm

Hello,
Since installing Little Snitch, I no longer see images loaded automatically when going to Gmail in my Safari browser on my Mac. I assume I have something in Snitch blocking that browser traffic. Do you have any hints on how to explicitly allow this through Snitch?
Thanks

Return to “Little Snitch General”