Little Snitch 4 Silent Mode not working correctly?

General discussions about Little Snitch
henrytomato

Little Snitch 4 Silent Mode not working correctly?

Post by henrytomato » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:25 am

Hi all...I've been using Little Snitch for many years and just recently upgraded to version 4 on a new computer (iMac running High Sierra). Even though I'm familiar with how the program works, I allowed it to run in Silent Mode - Allow Connections to begin with, as recommended. My understanding is that this mode is supposed to allow all connections without giving you any alerts, then you can go into the Network Monitor later and manually approve or deny new connections, which will be marked with a blue dot. Unless I'm misunderstanding how Silent Mode works, this hasn't been happening at all. Instead, every connection is allowed and there are literally no new rules listed anywhere in my Network Monitor and no blue dots next to anything. Additionally, the only things listed in my Network Monitor are a folder called All Processes, then a bunch of system processes after that - none of the programs I use every day like my web browser, mail program, etc are listed. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help!