Firefox-unblocking? (New and old LS versions)

General discussions about Little Snitch
TSGordon

Firefox-unblocking? (New and old LS versions)

Postby TSGordon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:33 pm

I don't see enough info in your search field on specific LS BROWSER settings. I'm bewildered as to why Safari 5.0 & 5.1 (BTW, near worthless for all of today's https sites) works without a glitch on all three of my Macs but I have to turn LS completely off to get through on Firefox. --By default no webpages could be accessed, vs pretty consistent access.

Even the older Firefox's (v.45, 47, 48) had a decent way of notifying you of unwanted incoming traffic. And, the newest versions (running on OS X 10.12 and so forth) have a lot more built-in blocking capability, especially of known benefit to those poor Windoze users.

Do I need to make a rule: Firefox -Allow all connections?

I especially need to know of any possible ways to continue to use my 'Universal'-Rosetta compatible machine(s) on today's net? One thing that is really weird on the G5/PPC, I suddenly got access to viewing YouTube videos for one browsing session after merely upgrading to a newer version of Little Snitch. Next, I need to make sure that the LS App will run on my backed-up-back up HD's. I need to keep one in storage for all of my different Macs. Like this v10.7 where I use Panorama and Quicken. Once installed, the newest version of Little Snitch seems to have locked out additional uses of the password on the same machines. I DO PLAN to purchase the Family-pack upgrade. But, more importantly I need to get and remain in sync with a couple of Mac geeks who fully comprehend our group-user's plight,- pre-dating the loss of privacy.

..And, --the settings,please?!

Return to “Little Snitch General”