Feature Request(s) - Sorting and Grouping

General discussions about Little Snitch
newyork10023

Feature Request(s) - Sorting and Grouping

Post by newyork10023 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 pm

It would be nice to have the ability to Group rules, lots of groups. My rules are a random mess. You can't sort by individual item within a rule: TCP/UDP, Port, domain, fully FQDN, etc. <- HUGE FEATURE REQUEST!!!

The new(er) feature for Rule Group Subscriptions gets at the idea, except it requires a subscription (I think?). I also found it difficult to understand: can I disable individual rules, disable (but not delete), etc. I subscribed to an Ad Block list, and they often have issues: for example, blocking *.google.com , which although I get the rational, is Just Not Going To Work (TM).

My groups might be Google, News Sites, Accuweather (got it to work once, only), Security Sites, whatever.

Drag and drop from All Rules, or other catgories, into a group would be very useful.

newyork10023

Re: Feature Request(s) - Sorting and Grouping

Post by newyork10023 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:58 am

Ok, I saw mention in another forum post about using Github to setup (one's own) Rule Group Subscriptions. Big help, although I worry about anything not on the ground but in the "clouds". Still it would be nice to have local Groups, which would make it easier to then manage one's own Rule Group Subscription changes.

Sorting is still a huge issue.

It would be nice to have drag and drop.