Missing traffic in monitor

General discussions about Little Snitch
siger

Missing traffic in monitor

Post by siger » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:10 pm

Hi! Happy LS user here, but one thing that has always concerned me is that there is a lot of traffic that doesn't seem to be shown in the Little Snitch Monitor. I can see tons of traffic going up and down via my Menu Meters traffic monitor, but much less happening according to LS. Do I have something misconfigured? Does LS ignore huge amounts of traffic? Activity Monitor shows it's mainly kernel_task stuff (app store update traffic?), and perhaps that's just ignored by LS, or perhaps LS can't monitor kernel stuff. Right now, for instance, I can see a steady 15M/s down and 300k/s up, but LS shows just a few k/s up and down. Sometimes it's Time Machine, which LS also seems to ignore, but that's not the case now. Maybe the NSA just needs a quick backup of my system. Thanks for any clarifications.

matrober

Re: Missing traffic in monitor

Post by matrober » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:46 am

Same issue here. It was visible when my VMware Fusion downloaded it's latest update : the first connection was properly displayed in monitor window, but the subsequent ones did not show (while I was reaching something around 15Mbps as per siger's example) the monitor was showing 0.xx kB/s...

Also curious to understand whether this can be a defect to be fixed ?