The machine starts and goes to the login page. I enter my details and the loading bar appears below. It gets about 3/4 of the way through then the screen goes black (backlight is on but everything is black). Occasionally I get the white circular spinner on black screen for a few seconds, then the cursor blinks in the top left briefly and
- I've cleared PRAM
- I've cleared SMC
- I've tried reinstalling the OS
- I've ran first-aid on the boot drive
- I've tried booting in safe mode (same issue)
- I've tried getting more info in verbose mode but the output disappears.
- I've tried removing the kernal extension as mentioned in: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11217&start=15
In one of the posts from the forum topic above mentions:
In my case the graphics driver was missing and Window Server could not load. This also affected Safe-Boot mode. It was possible to log in remotely via ssh and analyze the issue, though.
Which feels like the issue here, but I can't fully diagnose or fix it.
Is anyone else experiencing this?