Little Snitch 4.2 codesignature problem with Mojave App Store

General discussions about Little Snitch
jbravo556

Little Snitch 4.2 codesignature problem with Mojave App Store

Post by jbravo556 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:54 am

I updated to Mojave yesterday and the App Store app failed to connect to the servers. It turned out little snitch is blocking it for codesignature problem. Seriously? with the App Store?

How do I fix that issue?

jgmdean

Re: Little Snitch 4.2 codesignature problem with Mojave App Store

Post by jgmdean » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:06 am

SO I had the same problem and the create and edit rule kept cycling and not working.

My workaround was to deinstall LS4.2 while deleting all rules and re-install. It looks like a lot of the rules and signatures were messed up, so a clean sweep seemed easiest.

Annoying, to say the least.

Seems to be interfering with a lot of apps like MacUpdate. I may wind up deinstalling until a properly fixed version is released.

It's not like Mojave hasn't been available to developers for quite a while now either...

VetHockey

Post by VetHockey » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:56 am

I had the same problem. After trouble shooting with Apple Support found that Little Snitch was the problem. Deleted the App Store rule to get it the App Store to load. Also found out that several other Apple programs, which are not readily available to the users, also had the same trouble. Either OBdev's Apple signatures are out of date or Apple's version.

Xipper

Post by Xipper » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:38 pm

Another user having this same problem causing many things to fail, hard to believe this was even tested on a Mojave upgrade...was it only QA'd on a fresh install with no previous rules?

Further, if any "apps" run from preference panes (e.g. a preference pane utility that checks for updates) they are blocked from having permanent rules, which is pretty annoying to have to approve a trusted app every time it checks for an update.

Xipper

Post by Xipper » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:43 pm

In my case the *only* rule that is applied to App Store is the default system rule from LS and it still fails. The only work around to get the App Store to work is to disable Little Snitch, seems pretty pointless to pay for an app that doesn't even work with core system functions.

exxplora2

Post by exxplora2 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:06 pm

I've been having this problem too. I updated LS to 4.2.1, which had in its notes that it addressed this problem. I swear it was working after the update, but today I am back to the same problem: Can't connect to the app store, LS creates unapproved rule denying connection due to invalid code signature.

Not sure what changed between yesterday and today, but once again the only temporary workaround I have is to disable network filtering (which kinda defeats the purpose of LS) when I want to check the app store.

----

Small update: Continuing to experiment, but running in alert mode (while kinda annoying) does allow connection to the app store. I'd still prefer that LS be fixed so I can resume running in silent mode (allowing connections)

C0ppert0p

Post by C0ppert0p » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:57 am

What's the status on this fix? Its Nov 4th and the I still can't connect to the App store without disabling that rule.. And I'm using 4.2.2 (5207)