App Translocation message

General discussions about Little Snitch
almeath

App Translocation message

Postby almeath » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:06 am

I am using the 'Fetch' FTP application and I have set a rule to allow all outgoing connections. This has been working fine throughout all my time using LS versions 3 and 4.

Now all of a sudden I receive a message when Fetch is opened and tries to connect to my pre-saved FTP address. LS tells me Fetch is 'running in App Translocation', and I can only set a temporary rule to allow a connection (despite the permanent rule allowing all connections still residing in my LS settings). It tells me I cannot create a permanent rule until I move the application to my Applications folder, but Fetch has always been located in and run from my Applications folder.

I would be grateful for some help because Objective Development support seems to be on holiday until after 8 January.

I should mention I am using the latest version of Little Snitch (4.04) and macOS High Sierra 10.13.2.

almeath

Re: App Translocation message

Postby almeath » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:00 am

I realized this was not an issue related to LS when I tried to do an update check for Fetch and it returned an error that the application was on a locked disk or image.

I fixed the problem by using AppDelete to completely remove and then reinstall Fetch, and now the LS notification does not appear anymore and everything is back to normal.

Earlier I did have to perform a clean installation of High Sierra and then import my applications from a backup via Migration Assistant, so perhaps something had broken with Fetch during the transfer and LS picked up on this by detecting that it was not properly installed.

So it is good that LS generated the error because it led me to detecting a faulty app installation. :)

Return to “Little Snitch General”