Removing rules from list? Will it come back? (noob)

General discussions about Little Snitch
BlueCosmo5050

Removing rules from list? Will it come back? (noob)

Postby BlueCosmo5050 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:35 pm

I know this is a noob question but I am new to all of this. I like to look and see all the incoming and outgoing; however some of them are old, such as servers I haven't connected to in months. I want to clear them so I don't have to see them each time. BUT if I connect to them again in the future I want it to pop up and ask me again.

I right clicked and made the allow rule go away on all of them, so it isn't allowed or denied and then remove from list. Will it pop back up and ask me if I was to interact with any of it again?

That's of course in Network Monitor, on the rules page if I delete a rule it will start over too correct?

JinDS

Re: Removing rules from list? Will it come back? (noob)

Postby JinDS » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:03 pm

If you have alert mode on and set to specify which port and server, when deleting a rule, you'll get another prompt the next time you're trying to make a "new" connection. When in doubt, you can always export your settings (save), so you can restore what you have had set up. So go ahead, delete the whole bunch :D

BlueCosmo5050

Postby BlueCosmo5050 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:46 am

Interesting... I seen your other post about VPN. Do you use a router that's flashed or on the device?

JinDS

Postby JinDS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:23 pm

I use a time capsule, why does that matter?

Return to “Little Snitch General”