Stop recording browsing history!

General discussions about Little Snitch
mvuser

Stop recording browsing history!

Postby mvuser » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:20 pm

How do I stop Little Snitch v 4.x from recording all my browsing history in the Network Monitor?

What is the point of clearing of browser (e.g. Chrome) history if Little Snitch keeps it anyway?

Is there a way to create Little Snitch rules for the browsers I use but prevent recording all the
domains I visit, i.e. not store a browsing history?

How can I downgrade to a previous LS version which does not record all browsing history?

laryt77

Re: Stop recording browsing history!

Postby laryt77 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:24 pm

I agree. this is a serious problem. Every browser and other application which connects to a domain will be recorderd FOREVER. You can delete the apps in the monitor (which deletes the log but it could potentially be recovered so that's bad) You guys SHOULD implement a solution. What good is a firewall when it logs things it should not.

thinqer88

Postby thinqer88 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm

:x :x :x :x :x :x

I JUST CHECKED WHAT YOU GUYS SAID and WTF :(

You guys are RIGHT! I have thousands of records in the monitor for every site I visited the last few months. That's some crazy shit! I know a firewall should be able to work on application level but recording EVERY domain you visit with EVERY BROWSER is way too much. I tried looking for a solution (like automatic removal of these logs but this feature is non-existent)

As a developer I take my security and privacy very serious. Can someone from Objective respond to this issue!? I urge others who read this to also post in this thread and e-mail them. I think unless we do something nothing will change.

i90rr

Postby i90rr » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:24 am

Thanks everyone for raising awareness of this HUGE PRIVACY ISSUE.

Can anybody tell me how to check these logs?
Many thanks in advance.

Return to “Little Snitch General”