- DISPLAY/SHOW Summary and Complete WHOIS Results in the Connection Alert Window
Always show the key information (e.g. NetRange/CIDR + NetName + Organization and/or inetnum + descr + country), with the ability to expand to display the complete WHOIS Results on user request.
- MODIFY/RELAX the Scope of IP address Rules to CIDRs in the Connection Alert Window
Optionally include all other valid CIDRs, capped at the top-level WHOIS result returned.
This is similar to the existing functionality available for DNS resolved connections, where you can relax the specify the scope to any domain component of the hostname.
These two features would save me many hours of work each year, and avoid having to perform the following steps for each IP-based connection request:
- Copy the IP Address from Little Snitch modal dialogue.
- Switch to the Terminal.
- Run WHOIS against the copied IP address.
- Copy the appropriate CIDR from the returned WHOIS results.
- Open Little Snitch Configuration.
- Find and Edit the New Rule.
- Paste and Modify the Rule to set my Preferred Scope.