Installer for 4.0.3 Froze iMac

General discussions about Little Snitch
zackeryfretty

Installer for 4.0.3 Froze iMac

Postby zackeryfretty » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:01 am

Hello!

I was trying to upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 on my iMac running OS X 10.12.6 and upon doing so at some point (unfortunately I had minimized the install) it caused my iMac to completely freeze. The only thing I could move around was my mouse. I waited a good 15 mins and eventually pulled the plug and did a hard reset.

Upon turning my iMac back on it was constantly booting into "macOS Utilities" asking me to reinstall OS X, Restore from Time Machine, etc. etc. I turned it on and off a few times and repeated the issue.

Eventually I was able to select my start up disk, enter in my FileVault password, and it finally did boot correctly. Little Snitch seems to say that it's running 4.0.3 though - which - I am some what confused. It feels like it shouldn't have gone down like this.

For now I've uninstalled Little Snitch completely. I've been using LS since v2 and I've never had something like this happen so it was somewhat concerning, any ideas what could have happened or how I can check the logs somewhere to see a little more into it? Concerned something went amuck.

Thanks!

Return to “Little Snitch General”