prl_natpd prompts for connection permissions despite "Allow all forever" rule

General discussions about Little Snitch
WFMan

prl_natpd prompts for connection permissions despite "Allow all forever" rule

Postby WFMan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:23 pm

Hello,

I'm having an issue that is driving me a little nuts.

Every time I do a power management event with any of my Parallel's virtual machines, such as standby, resume, power off, poweron, etc, little snitch prompts me to allow one if it's helper processes "prl_natpd" to connect to an IP address. It's always the same IP address.

When the prompt comes up, if I select "allow forever" and press OK then it immediately re prompts me for the same process to connect to the same address. It's as if the "allow forever" box really means "deny until reprompted". If I select "allow once" then little snitch allows the connection until the next time.

I additionally have an "Allow any connection forever on any port, protocol, etc" for the process. The process is owned by system and has a valid code signature. I have deleted and re-created the rule a few times, however that has not resolved the issue.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to resolve this?

The same prompt happens over Wifi, Ethernet, and also when tethered via my iPhone. There is only one user account logged into the Mac (although a separate "presentation mode" account with limited access exists for when my Mac is on a podium in a public space).

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)/ 16GB RAM/ Mac OS 10.12.4/ Little Snitch 4.0.2(5086) / Parallels Desktop 12.2.1(41615)

KWL

Re: prl_natpd prompts for connection permissions despite "Allow all forever" rule

Postby KWL » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:17 am

Hi WFMan,

I posted a very similar behavior problem just a day ago,

My post, "Ignores Forever-Any election, repeatedly re-prompts for access rule", is exactly as you describe, however, the problem for me is not linked to any Parallels activity as I haven't started Parallels in a couple of months now, and, it's for a different process altogether, Ethernet-Status, my network monitoring and uptime tool.

Just thought it might help to know the problem is not necessarily tied to Parallels, or prl-natpd specifically.

KWL

pilot2b

Re: prl_natpd prompts for connection permissions despite "Allow all forever" rule

Postby pilot2b » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:02 am

Noticing same problems as above poster. Infinite requests, any connection forever, no noticed change in VM.
However, first time noticing this, also first time using Parallels on Hotspot, and also running duplicate VMs.

kenjo

Postby kenjo » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Any update on this? I'm considering switch from Fusion to Parallels but this constant "re-verify" of a connection (even though I've said Forever) is killing me.

Return to “Little Snitch General”