Development recommendation: crowd source unknowns

General discussions about Little Snitch
tmcdanel

Development recommendation: crowd source unknowns

Postby tmcdanel » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Version 4 is a much better application now. Thank you so much for your creativity and skill at developing it.

I hope this is a place to recommend future development.

There are many instances of running apps that, when clicked on say, "There is no information about this connection in the Research Assistant database yet." Some of these, more experienced users here know something about. I would suggest that there be an option for users with some kind of "experience and reliability rating" be able to leave a comment that would be fetched if there is no other information. Some of us have been using Little Snitch since version 1 and know a little bit about these connections.

For example, I have used Private Internet Access (PIA) for VPN service for years and trust its connections readily. Clicking on it returns "There is no information about this connection in the Research Assistant database yet." I should be able to leave a recommendation for other users explaining my experience and recommending allowing it, until Little Snitch staff provides more detailed recommendations.

Or for example, my Apple Mail is making a connect to mail.me.com to California that I was surprised to see. I assume that it is iCloud.com which I rarely use, but another user might know this for certain and reassure me that Mail.app does not have a trojan account.

For what it's worth, Terry.

Return to “Little Snitch General”