Feature request: NM dark background

General discussions about Little Snitch
dtdbaudio

Feature request: NM dark background

Postby dtdbaudio » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:20 pm

I miss the black background of NM in its previous versions.
Can it be brought back, please?
As an option, maybe?

If interested in knowing why it is so important to me (and a lot of other persons in my line of work, too), please read on.
I work in live shows and events.
Apps' dark background is mandatory, in order to make your (computer display) presence as unnoticeable as possible, when you're working in the FOH area, to general audience sitting or standing around or behind you.

Please make it possible to get back to where we were with previous versions.
Thank you.

dtdbaudio

Feature request: NM transparency

Postby dtdbaudio » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Keeping NM open at all times, in front of other apps' windows, too, makes for a really useful and comfortable feature.
This is especially true when network traffic must be kept under close scrutiny and monitored for hours along.

It only works if you can set its window's transparency, so you can park it on the (other) app it harms the least.
Just the same way you do with MacOS / OSX Terminal app window, which is even easier if it has a dark background.

Please (re?) introduce a transparency control for the NM window, along with a chance to control it on a black or dark background.
Thank you!

j_12

Re: Feature request: NM dark background

Postby j_12 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Would like to second this - I work exclusively in dark modes to keep things quiet and invisible. Not to mention the bright white skin of the new network monitor looks extremely out of place compared to the old format. I'm actually considering downgrading back to 3.x to get this back. The map feature is nice but not worth this change.

MacDoktor

Postby MacDoktor » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:55 pm

Count me in. I have poor eyesight and the new NM with the light background is very difficult to see. :shock:

j_12

Postby j_12 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:37 am

Just realized I was looking in the wrong place... not in preferences, no button in the window. It's under View settings.

dario999

Postby dario999 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:49 pm

I would also would like this feature.. It's so bright now.

daniela
Objective Development
Objective Development

Postby daniela » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:34 pm

j_12 wrote:Just realized I was looking in the wrong place... not in preferences, no button in the window. It's under View settings.

Exactly. In the Network Monitor, go to View > Appearance > Dark

Return to “Little Snitch General”