Feature request: ability to add notes/tags to rules

General discussions about Little Snitch
Xipper

Feature request: ability to add notes/tags to rules

Postby Xipper » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:54 pm

Why is it that I cannot add a single bit of useful detail to track "Why" I created a rule. I have to create some manual rules for allowing processes to hit some destinations (E.g. proxy servers), it doesn't make sense to add 100s of rules for every application...but if I manually create these rules and I want to modify them later it is entirely a nightmare to find the rules. Why can't I add tags or notes or anything to a rule? Every firewall on the planet lets me add "notes" or "comments" or "description" to firewall rules, so why is that very basic thing missing here?

dbourne

Re: Feature request: ability to add notes/tags to rules

Postby dbourne » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:21 pm

I'd like to 'second' this request. New user with silent mode. I decided to start blocking a few sites. Must have blocked one too many. A page I go to frequently stopped working. I turned on one domain for Safari and it is working again. As mentioned by Xipper, it would be nice to be able to comment/notate the rule. Thanks

theophilus

Postby theophilus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Struth! Before starting complaining and moaning and wasting other peoples invaluable time, you shall know the basic of the app or at least shall have read the manual...
The forum was set up to discuss real problems and was not set up to be occupied with your idleness...

marco
Objective Development
Objective Development

Postby marco » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:09 pm

You can add notes to any rule in Little Snitch Configuration. See this page in the Little Snitch 4 help for details: https://help.obdev.at/littlesnitch/#/lsc-more-info

Return to “Little Snitch General”