"Forever" lifetime unavailable (grayed-out) from connection alert

General discussions about Little Snitch
bonedome

"Forever" lifetime unavailable (grayed-out) from connection alert

Post by bonedome » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:01 am

Since installing LS4.0.1 the Connection Alert windows now won't let me choose "Forever" as one of the lifetime options for the rule(s). The same drop-down selection window/options appear as usual, I just can't select "Forever" as a choice. Workaround so far has been to go to Network Configuration (formerly Rules) and de-select the button associated with a given rule's limited lifetime, but that's a colossal pain in the ass. What changed with the installation, and how do I fix it?

yggla

Re: "Forever" lifetime unavailable (grayed-out) from connection alert

Post by yggla » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:17 pm

I came here to ask the exact same question. I've a few screenshots of it, but it seems this forum doesn't allow uploads.

Edit: figured out how to link to images.

Seems this happens (the unavailable forever) only for JetBrains' WebStorm, at least for me. LS claims WebStorm is not in "Applications", but it is. Right where it should be. Just to prove that, i included a screenshot of the Applications folder.

Ok, so I looked up "app translocation" and that doesn't mean that the app is outside the /Applications folder, but it does mean that the app has the quarantine attribute set. So LS' dialog is a little bit misleading.

The solution is to remove the quarantine attribute, in my case (WebStorm), you first check if it's set, commandline:

Code: Select all

xattr /Applications/Webstorm.app/
com.apple.quarantine

Then, if it does say "com.apple.quarantine" as above, remove it:

Code: Select all

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Webstorm.app/

And now LS allows "forever" again.

I'm still including the screen shots. Maybe someone likes pictures :)

JammieR

Re: "Forever" lifetime unavailable (grayed-out) from connection alert

Post by JammieR » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:52 pm

TLDR: Slow to open all theses awesomes features. Best 200$ ever spent!

Pros :
1. Debugger inside the ide (connect to chrome and firefox debugger)
2. Smart/contextual Autocompletion
3. Console inside the ide
4. Database navigator
5. Commercial support for many framework (react, angular, node, require and many more)
6. Tool to easily add unsupported framework and api
7. Everything is customizable within the settings gui (no config file to learn and maintain, the ide does it for you)
8. Awesome search engine (shift+shift will search in everything, files, function, variables, menu, settings, action, etc)
9. You can add custom menu to suit your needs
10. You can bind commands and programs to the ide. Then you can assign shortcut and menus to thoses commands and programs (super usefull for custom grunt / gulp workflow)
11.Build to be keyboard centric, every menu are searchable, all shortcut can be changed, new shortcut can be added.
12. The ui is 100% customizable and offer out of the box a few great themes.
13. It has great git, svn and mercurial support (multiple branch management, log, blame, history and more)
14.Support Typescript out of the box
15.Plugin manager out of the box
16.File watcher execute commands when your files change (use less resources than node watch)
Theres is more but ill stick with those for now.

Cons :
1. Takes a few seconds to open for the first time (unless you have a ssd)
2. Tries to reopen a new ide every time you open a file outside a project. (you can use scratch files instead for most of thoses cases)
3. Cost money