want to change location of 'private network' on map

General discussions about Little Snitch
sheemer

want to change location of 'private network' on map

Post by sheemer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:14 am

Hi,

I've switched LittleSnitch 3 to 4, and now it has fancy map in LS Network Monitor.
The map says I'm in the correct location on the map, but my 'private network' is
far from my real place, and is in the middle of Atlantic Ocean.

How Can I correct this? Enabling location service to LS did not work.

TIA,

sheemer

maniac

Re: want to change location of 'private network' on map

Post by maniac » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:46 pm

+1

beaker

Post by beaker » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:18 am

Yes!! +1

My location is showing far far away from where I actually am located. Using the auto feature does not seem to work.

Thank you.

User

Post by User » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:51 pm

First, you might want to try to turn on Location Services (System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy); ensure that Little Snitch Helper is allowed to access your location (it needs to be ticked). Afterwards, go back to Little Snitch's Network Monitor, right-click anywhere on the map, and choose "Set My Location Automatically". That should work - it did for me.

Alternatively, right-click at a specific spot on the map you want your location to be and choose "Set My Location Here".

Regards,
User

JammieR

Post by JammieR » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:16 pm

User wrote:First, you might want to try to turn on Location Services (System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy); ensure that Little Snitch Helper is allowed to access your location (it needs to be ticked). Afterwards, go back to Little Snitch's Network Monitor, right-click anywhere on the map, and choose "Set My Location Automatically". That should work - it did for me.

Alternatively, right-click at a specific spot on the map you want your location to be and choose "Set My Location Here".

Regards,
User

I was looking for a solution for the same problem, thank you for the detail step by step guide...

ah55

Post by ah55 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:13 pm

My location was also being shown incorrectly, the check box in location services and right clicking on the map is the trick. This should probably be put in the FAQ for v4 of the app as it's not very obvious even if you come up with making sure location services is turned on for the app... thanks for the tip!