We may have just corresponded on this issue. I have a "solution" of sorts.Short Quick Slightly Painful Answer:
1. Download the Current LS from obdev: as of writing it is 4.0.3
2. Allow it to replace the Nightly--as of writing is it 4.0.4 (5102)
3. Reboot as instructed
4. Confirm it works--yay! If not, then you have a different problem
5. Allow to Update to Nightly
and that worked. However, the situation is a bit weird so onto:Long-Winded More Complete Answer:
try to just download the Nightly Build
again and install rather than go through the bother of downgrading, rebooting, upgrading, rebooting, scaring the neighborhood children.
In e-mails from obdev
staff, we went through what christian
suggests plus other things. Here is the problem: Network Monitor
did not show anything blocked.
However, up on that top menu bar, where the LS
real time monitor sits, when I tried to visit favorite webpages now blocked, there would be the Red X
flash that indicates "something" got blocked. Refresh --> same thing.
Yay! Something is being blocked. Problem:
in Network Monitor nothing
is indicated as blocked. Even as you refresh, see the Red X
, there would be none in the Network Monitor nor
would the Denied section indicate anything.
I decided to downgrade to LS 4.0.3
--one Staff member did not believe this would change anything--but it WORKED. No block.
So I booted to my hour-old Clone of my main HD--which included 4.0.4 (5102)
version with all of the same rules--and figured I would [CENSORED
--Ed.] with LS
rules and see if I could find where the problem is.
Now, for those who do clone, you know that your Clone is never perfect--LS
will recognize a miss-match and ask if you want to go to Default
OR retain your cloned rules. One of the things I was going to try was Default
, but I figured I would see if I could try to find the offending rule.
It worked without an issue.
Wrap your mind around that: a clone
of my HD with the LS 4.0.4
that DID NOT work . . . worked.
So I booted back to my main HD with LS 4.0.3
, let it upgrade . . . rebooted . . . and it works.
So I do not know what that all means. Perhaps the first upgrade failed in some fashion, but why by selectively blocking some
webpages and not others--on all browsers so this is not a browser-specific rule!--I have no frelling idea.
Hope the short answer helps other people.