Feature Request :: Make Groups

General discussions about Little Snitch
doodee

Feature Request :: Make Groups

Postby doodee » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:01 am

Hello,

i've bought the upgrade to version 4, because i hope on cool features. Now it has a flat design and a map and so on, but:

Please combine apps to groups!!

One group with "Browser" and 3-4 ports is much easier to handle as 3-4 ports Safari, 3-4 ports Firefox, 3-4 ports Opera, 3-4 ports Chrome, ... (ok, i am a webdeveloper).

Same things for my onehundred-and-twelf-and-so-on-million officeapps, worker tools, ...

greetings DooDee

eldoroddo

Re: Feature Request :: Make Groups

Postby eldoroddo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:11 am

Yes, please! It would be very helpful!
For example all Adobe products like Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator or InDesign all need to communicate with the same websites. To group these would be very helpful in visibility and management of the rules.

looking forward to find the grouping function in one of the next releases :)

jtrull

Re: Feature Request :: Make Groups

Postby jtrull » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:31 pm

I would LOVE this feature!

In addition to browsers and the Adobe suite, it would also be useful for Microsoft Office 365 apps that all connect to the same servers for updates and cloud functions.

As a developer, I would also use it for the JetBrains suite of tools, which function similarly to Adobe CC and Office 365. The JetBrains tools are particularly annoying when it comes to Little Snitch because every minor update is treated as a new application. If I had a JetBrains group, then I could just add the update to the group and not have to reconfirm every connection.

Return to “Little Snitch General”