Now what?

General discussions about Little Snitch
pomme4moi

Now what?

Postby pomme4moi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:37 pm

I purchased Little Snitch based on some positive reviews that I read. But now I'm not sure what to do with it. All of the incoming and outgoing connection rules are cryptic and unintelligible to me. One example is Twitter, which I sometimes access from the Safari browser. Little Snitch flags the rules with a yellow triangle, suggesting (I guess) that something needs attention. But what? The attached link shows the Twitter rules.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q56om6akdj8oy ... h.png?dl=0

More generally, how is one supporsed to know whether a specific outgoing connection is proper or not? Thanks

pomme4moi

Re: Now what?

Postby pomme4moi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:19 pm

Crickets ...

hagen
Wizard
Wizard

Postby hagen » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:22 am

Yeah, crickets. I can tell you that a yellow triangle means the rule is invalid because the process path is not valid. For some reason, the app has disappeared from its location.

That's in the help file, which you might want to have a peek at sometime.

Your larger question has been raised a number of times. I've tried answering, always without success. Nobody likes my method, but no one has offered a different one either. One such thread is not very far down the board right now viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6321

So, if you're determined to handle the problem on an individual-connection basis, good luck. When you find the answer, tell us what it is.

Otherwise, I'm happy to try answering smaller questions.

Zaraoover

Postby Zaraoover » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:53 am

Forums and all aspects have been done for the humans. The mounting pressure of the element and https://www.rush-my-essay.com/ is visited for the humans. The opponent is fully afraid of the items for the candidates in this ambit.

Return to “Little Snitch General”