Outgoing UDP connections from identityservicesd?

General discussions about Little Snitch
brian163

Outgoing UDP connections from identityservicesd?

Postby brian163 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:59 am

Running 10.12.3 and latest LS.

Can anyone provide insight as to why identityservicesd attempts to make outgoing connections to private local (non-routable) IP addresses? I've seen LittleSnitch prompt on these every once and awhile over a considerable period of time (at least a year) and as I've grown tired of denying them without explanation of the root cause, I'm compelled to try and get to the bottom of this. I've only found one other unanswered post in this regard in this forum and one other unanswered post out on Apple's forums. (Nothing else I can pinpoint across the inter-webs.)

Clearly -someone- out there must know why identityservicesd is trying to do this! :?

Typical LS entries looks like:

On Mar 20, 2017, identityservicesd tried to establish a connection to 10.16.241.144 on UDP port 65419. The request was denied via connection alert.
On Mar 21, 2017, identityservicesd tried to establish a connection to 10.16.241.144 on UDP port 55888. The request was denied via connection alert.

Could another Apple daemon on the same system be listening/communicating via a private IP if my active ethernet interface is configured for 192.168.1.x? Are there Apple services that try to talk to each other over negotiated private IP addresses? (I've not heard of that, just spit balling here.) I searched my logs and found no other reference to the IPs in question.

Any insight short of guessing is greatly appreciated. :lol:

snitch

Re: Outgoing UDP connections from identityservicesd?

Postby snitch » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:45 am

I also have the question of why "identityservicesd" when facetiming

FWP4Life

Re: Outgoing UDP connections from identityservicesd?

Postby FWP4Life » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:34 am

I have the same question. Lately it's been trying to go to a 10.x address, and my internal range is a 192.

Return to “Little Snitch General”