Cellular Settings - Lowest Bandwidth

General discussions about Little Snitch
crashx

Cellular Settings - Lowest Bandwidth

Postby crashx » Sat May 14, 2016 1:03 am

I'd like to use my iPhone SE as a hotspot for my rMBP. I've decided to work remotely at a local park, given I normally work at home.

Whenever I turn on my Mac, it apparently eats through mBs of data, as related by Little Snitch. I don't even know what it's doing - but it doesn't matter at home.

But setting up a mobile office, I'd like to restrict ALL activity to the most bandwidth "stingy" browser - which I believe is Opera. I can just handle email through my phone - as I'm guessing that Mac's native Mail chews through data like nobody's business.

Anyway, I'd like to shut absolutely everything off when using my mobile hotspot, other than Opera - or whatever browser any of you might suggest. No Mac system BS filtering through and eating up data.

Thanks very much for any help and advice.

PhillipN

Re: Cellular Settings - Lowest Bandwidth

Postby PhillipN » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:51 am

Bump

I'd like to do something similar. I want to put a cap on all processes that use more than, say 1mb, and ask me if they are allowed to use more.

Or just restrict everything and just manually allow some to have the browser function. Is it possible to create different settings for different work environments?

EDIT: Just found all the documentation on profiles. Reading about it now...

Return to “Little Snitch General”