Little Snitch Feature Request

General discussions about Little Snitch
d1700

Little Snitch Feature Request

Postby d1700 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:27 pm

Hello,

Is there a way to bake in functionality to do a whois on IP addresses so we know where they come from? It's quite cumbersome to lookup IP addresses not know to allow connectivity or not.

jdboer

Re: Little Snitch Feature Request

Postby jdboer » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:40 am

I have also a feature request. I tend to block Google. It's unbelievable how often something calls to Google even when no Google application is being used.
I never shutdown my Mac, always put it to sleep. But when it wakes back up, I have to go over loads of terminates access requests.

I would be nice to have a 'close all' or 'cancel all terminated' button or something to get rid of all those popups.

Regards,
Joost

FireStation

Postby FireStation » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Bump...

It's inconvenient when the little snitch persmission pop-up window blocks my browser when I want to lookup whois...

hummingdrone

Postby hummingdrone » Thu May 04, 2017 12:34 pm

I have the same thing as JDBoer: always having to click away 3 requests from Chrome when I open the lid of my laptop, becuase I tries to connect to random gibberish domains to test for capture.

It can't be disabled in Chrome settings.

Chromium does seem to behave, so perhaps using that is an option?

AndyP

Postby AndyP » Tue May 09, 2017 4:06 am

I agree, the IP lookup would be very useful when confirming a connection, in the Network Monitor page and on the info pages for a program.
Would also be great if you built up a database of the common OS components (e.g. apsd, describe its role, and then recommendation on approval or not, e.g. if unknown program then perhaps proceed with caution or provide link to web search for it. This will help the tool be of greater use to less technically minded, where your experience is captured and generates benefit for everyone).

Return to “Little Snitch General”