One profile for multiple users?

General discussions about Little Snitch
PhotoSnitch

One profile for multiple users?

Post by PhotoSnitch » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:34 pm

Hello,

I have a LS license for v3. We have a family laptop with five user accounts. Two adults and three children. Basically, the children don't use LS consciously, but I am glad it is active on their accounts. They are mostly bothered by the dialogs, running to me and asking me what to do.

I noticed that when I add a new user, that person needs to go through the same series of rules decisions as any other user. As the children cannot decide themselves, it comes down to me having to do a lot of work.

Question
Is it possible to link the three profiles together, so that we don't need to set rules for any given event more than once. I mean if Vera sets a particular rule in her account, can that rule be stored accordingly for Chuck and Dave as well?

Thanks!

Peter

dgsmith80

Re: One profile for multiple users?

Post by dgsmith80 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:41 am

Was this one ever answered as I have the same problem.

fogcitynative

Post by fogcitynative » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:40 am

Same question. In my case, it is the OSX Sierra Guest Account. The guest should not be making connection decisions. Why can't the guest use the Admin's settings?

Forrest

Post by Forrest » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:46 pm

Yes, Objective Development, please answer this question! As many have asked in the past, I would like to have LS settings _specifically_ for a Guest User.

User

Post by User » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure whether this is the right answer or answers your question, but have you enabled the option "Allow Global Rule Editing" in the Security tab in Little Snitch's preferences? This will allow you to choose "Anyone" as the Process Owner when creating or editing an existing rule, which should then apply to all users. You might give that a shot.

Image Image

Regards,
User