Can I quit app without uninstalling?

General discussions about Little Snitch
shansell

Can I quit app without uninstalling?

Postby shansell » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:10 am

Hi-
I am interested in using Little Snitch as a monitor to see what is happening on my Mac from time to time, but not to actively block traffic all the time. And I would rather not have the process running even with network filter off if I'm not using it.

Is there a way to configure it not to load at startup and is there a way to quit the app when i'm done using it?
S

tmcdanel

Re: Can I quit app without uninstalling?

Postby tmcdanel » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:36 pm

Yes. First there is a general switch to turn it off. It is in the Little Snitch (LS) app configuration, but it is also on your top menu bar where you see the bandwidth usage barometer, for quick access.

However i rarely use it. When you first install LS, then again every time you install a new application that uses an internet connect, LS will ask what you want the rule to be for this particular application. For most, you should answer Any connection Forever. LS will remember the rule you choose.

If it is an application you don't trust, you can make the rule temporary, or deny it access at all. After you get use to it, LS is very unobtrusive most of the time.

martein7

Re: Can I quit app without uninstalling?

Postby martein7 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:41 am

I have also faced the same issue. But I have used an name App Killer to quit the app without un installing it. You can also quit all tasks using this application. You can download This app from Vshare Market apk store.

Return to “Little Snitch General”