Search found 14 matches

by snookie
Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:48 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Detecting Suspend Mode
Replies: 1
Views: 2297

Re: Detecting Suspend Mode

Thanks to Christian again, who helped me offline, I was able to accomplish this. As Christian described, since I have D- hooked up to int1, toggling on int1 happens every 100ms. So I accomplished detecting sleep with the following code: sbi is a macro that was depricated but I still like to use so I...
by snookie
Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:44 pm
Topic: Detecting Suspend Mode
Views: 2297

Detecting Suspend Mode

I've exhausted my searches on this forum/example projects/wiki and haven't found anything. Is there anyway to detect if the host is suspended without using D- as the int0 pin? My current configuration is: D- int1 D+ int0 Any tricks available? Can I not use measure frame length? How about USB_COUNT_S...
by snookie
Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:32 pm
Topic: Can't find device in windows, please help
Replies: 22
Views: 13945

Re: Can't find device in windows, please help

Afraid you were going to say that. What a bummer, I have re-write a lot of code to get this to work in Windows.
by snookie
Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:38 pm

But that's what started the discussion, I can't talk to an HID device with libusb because windows locks it. Is there a way to unlock it?
by snookie
Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:46 am

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Because the data I send back is dependent on the data I send down with SetReport. So that means I need to implement a global variable that doesn't go away when functionsetup ends.

Is that right?
by snookie
Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Christian - Are you saying from usbFunctionSetup, I can still return values with the usb message pointer? Tried this without any luck. Tried pointing usbmessage pointer to a character array and returning the size of the array. Maybe I'm doing it wrong on the host but I always get zero back. int retu...
by snookie
Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:19 am

So I finally had a chance to get a crack at this and I unfortunately hit a snag. Like you mentioned, I can send control signals down to the device with: usbSetReport(dev, USB_HID_REPORT_TYPE_FEATURE, buffer, 4); However, in the firmware, if I want to receive any data at all, it looks like I need to ...
by snookie
Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Ah okay, I understand. Thanks a lot Christian.

Best,
Jason
by snookie
Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Christian - Sorry for the stupid question.. What do you mean by the following comment: BTW: Please don't use the shared USB PID for HID devices with a keyboard. Windows permanently attaches the keyboard driver to this PID which causes all kinds of troubles. Is that 0x5dC, or is that the string, HIDK...
by snookie
Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:23 pm

No dice = ( I can't figure it out. Is there any reason why my USB path looks all funky? Also, this is the line that's being called: DEBUG_PRINT(("opening failed: %d\n", (int)GetLastError())); Where is the getlasterror funciton and what does error code 5 mean? Thanks again for your help. Be...
by snookie
Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:32 am

How can it be opened? I'm registering it as an HID Keyboard, could windows be locking the device?

Thanks for your help!
by snookie
Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:09 am

Can't find device in windows, please help

I can't get any software to open the usb device in windows. The firmware is on the microcontroller and works, I can see the device in my computer->properties->hardware->DeviceManager...etc The combination of the firmware and commandline app work in both linux and osx. But the commandline can't open ...
by snookie
Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:16 am
Topic: Help, unable to program and verify
Views: 3140

Solution

I found the answer on the avrdude forums. Absolutely ridiculous. You have to go into the avrdude terminal. avrdude -t Then you have to set the bit period. The bit period is the time of one clock cycle. Since all the stk500's in unix use 115200, it's one over that. 1/f = period. So one over that is 8...
by snookie
Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:04 am
Topic: Help, unable to program and verify
Views: 3140

Help, unable to program and verify

Anytime I download a program that is bigger than some unknown size, I always get a timeout error. I'm using an STK500 with a USB to serial convertor (GUC232A from iogear). Here is a sample output: Snookie$ avrdude -c stk500v2 -P /dev/cu.PL2303-0B2 -p m32 -b 115200 -U flash:w:main.hex:i avrdude: AVR ...