Search found 8 matches

by ozel
Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:41 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: General joystick HID question
Replies: 35
Views: 49744

sprhawk: Can you examine your descriptor somehow as its received on your host? I could resolve some of my problems with the great tool evtest under linux. It shows first the supported events of a device in a summary and then just all actual events as they come in.. very helpfull. for example with th...
by ozel
Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:37 am

hey, no its really strange. I started sending just 8bit, as the touchscreen sensing part is my first goal. I think there is serious knowledge missing, on how all the hid parameters get interpreted. For example it doesn't make much difference at all (on my host), when I change the logical maximums! A...
by ozel
Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:56 pm

it may also have something to do with the way you are declaring the buttons. I'd get rid of the 0x95, 0x01, // REPORT_COUNT (1) 0x75, 0x05, // REPORT_SIZE (5) 0x81, 0x03, // INPUT (Cnst,Var,Abs) 0x05, 0x01, // USAGE_PAGE (Generic Desktop) and define buttons 1 - 8 wit...
by ozel
Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:45 pm

No, I use also uchar, otherwise it wouldn't work when doing usbMsgPtr = reportBuffer in usbFunctionSetup() because usbMsgPtr is uchar by AVR-USB's internals.

Does it also work with my descriptor above on your setup, that you can step trough all pixels? Is my main() above ok?
by ozel
Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:25 pm

Hm, this sounds good. I have no physical min max at the moment, I think the only difference to yours is the lower (minus 1) logical_max values. char usbHidReportDescriptor[USB_CFG_HID_REPORT_DESCRIPTOR_LENGTH] PROGMEM = { 0x05, 0x01, // USAGE_PAGE (Generic Desktop) 0x09, 0x02, // USAGE ...
by ozel
Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:40 pm

I also found that the avr stores 16bit numbers in the low byte/high byte format, so you'll have to swap them. I just tested this with the statement below. yes, I also came to this conclusion. the bytes need the same order as in a 16bit hid report descriptor item (like logical_maximum(1024)). first ...
by ozel
Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:36 pm

Hm, I tried using resport_size (16) and report_count (2), but then I don't know how to save my 16 bit values in the reportBuffer. Because each item is just 8bit (uchar). And when there is the handover in usbFunctionSetup() like "usbMsgPtr = reportBuffer", the Buffer needs to be only 8bit w...
by ozel
Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:46 am

I think I ran into a similar problem... But I don't really know how to implement the suggestions above. This is my current state: I modified the descriptors of the (infrared) HID mouse examples to act as a absolute mouse (it shall become a touchscreen controller). Now I want to send the X and Y coor...