Search found 13 matches

by CaCO3
Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:41 am
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Burning out attiny's
Replies: 4
Views: 5174

Re: Burning out attiny's

Are you sure they got killed? I never was able to kill a attiny85. I went very rough with them! (Reverse power supply and 8V instead of 5.5V). I more would guess that you might have set the fuses wrong. I.E. if you want use the internal RC as clock but occidentally set it to external clock. In that ...
by CaCO3
Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:34 am
Topic: ATtiny45 and USB
Replies: 6
Views: 8331

Re: ATtiny45 and USB

I tested my code example (HID-Mouse) under windows XP, there it works. I dont know about Win 7. Officially it should work there as well, but I wouldnt be surprised if Microsoft added some new bugs to break the compatibility. Could you test it on a linux system? If you dont have one at hand, download...
by CaCO3
Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:15 pm
Topic: [CLOSED] How to get HID-data working with interrupt-in?
Views: 4528

Re: How to get HID-data working with interrupt-in?

I spent another few hours to get it working, but finally gave up. How ever I now gave the Remote Sensor project another try and successed. I could merge it with the latest v-usb source and got it working on an attiny85. If anybody is interested in a stripped down version let me know. Currently the h...
by CaCO3
Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:31 pm

Re: How to get HID-data working with interrupt-in?

Hi Micha Thank you for your tip. I added this already to the firmware side, how ever my struggles are with the PC side. I don't understand how to make the PC application to wait and respond to an interrupt. There is a code fragment at m , also the remotesensor sensor applications uses interrupt-in. ...
by CaCO3
Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:43 pm
Topic: getting start with V-USB
Replies: 3
Views: 3560

Re: getting start with V-USB

The example projects always also have a example PC application if needed.
Beside of that there is usbtool, a general purpose command line utility which can send USB requests to arbitrary devices
by CaCO3
Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:54 pm
Topic: getting start with V-USB
Replies: 3
Views: 3560

Re: getting start with V-USB

Hi I need to use V-USB to communicate ATMEGA16 chip with USB port. Before I get start with V-USB I have some initial questions: 1. Does V-USB support USB2 protocol ?? 2. I used to work with CodeVision compiler. Can CodeVision compile V-USB or it will be problems with that??? 3. Is there a simple so...
by CaCO3
Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:50 pm

[CLOSED] How to get HID-data working with interrupt-in?

After quite some trial and errors I was able to modify HID-data so it works for my purpose. What I does: It reads in serial data and stores them in a buffer. For now, the PC has to do polling to fetch the data. During the fetching time, all incoming serial data is lost. Because of that I would like ...
by CaCO3
Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:17 pm
Topic: [SOLVED] New examples do not work, but EasyLogger works fine
Replies: 1
Views: 2435

Re: New examples do not work, but EasyLogger works fine

All right, I got it working now.
Had to change quite a few things.
As it was not a very obvious way, I documented it on my blog: http://www.ruinelli.ch/how-to-use-v-usb-on-an-attiny85
There is also patched version for download.
by CaCO3
Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:16 pm
Topic: SOLVED! "device not recognized"
Replies: 10
Views: 9836

Re: SOLVED! "device not recognized"

All right, I got it working now.
As it was not a very obvious way, I documented it on my blog: http://www.ruinelli.ch/how-to-use-v-usb-on-an-attiny85
There is also patched version for download.
by CaCO3
Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:34 am
Topic: SOLVED! "device not recognized"
Replies: 10
Views: 9836

Re: SOLVED! "device not recognized"

Sorry to open an old thread again. I am also looking to get the examples to work on an attiny85. EasyLogger works fine, but none of the other examples. I tried to follow the suggestions in this tread, but never got it working. SO if one of you have a working example for a attiny, that would help me ...
by CaCO3
Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:57 pm
Topic: Fast data transfer to PC
Replies: 2
Views: 3038

Re: Fast data transfer to PC

Thank you for your quick reply. I saw those examples and now also tried to get them working. How ever I can not even compile them. Size 2008 there seem to have al lot of changes happened in the API. Because of that I can not even get those examples working. Despite of that, I figured out that I am o...
by CaCO3
Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:48 pm
Topic: [SOLVED] New examples do not work, but EasyLogger works fine
Replies: 1
Views: 2435

[SOLVED] New examples do not work, but EasyLogger works fine

Hi all I have a very weird problem. It might be that I oversee a very basic thing, so I would appreciate your advice. I have build a board with an attiny85 and tested it with the EasyLogger firmware. It works fine. Also when I compile it myself, there is no problem. How ever, if I try to run any of ...
by CaCO3
Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:02 am
Topic: Fast data transfer to PC
Replies: 2
Views: 3038

Fast data transfer to PC

Hi all I am looking into a way to send data fast from an AVR to a PC. I had a look on the USB Scope project (m), how ever need a faster data transfer. There is an older discussion about this here: http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2036#p7264 , but doesn't give me much help. What I am lo...