Maybe it will be able to help you.
by Talib
Thu May 23, 2013 3:21 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: Noob Confusion....
Replies: 4
Views: 6078

Re: Noob Confusion....

Hi I followed this tutorial: m It is not C# but it gave me good start at understanding how the basic USB works (Control Messages). - See my (Roelf) comment on the third part of this tutorial if you do not understand the direction thing I have started writing my own custom c# class for my own use. I ...
by Talib
Thu May 23, 2013 12:44 pm
Topic: Not understanding usbFunctionInterrupt()
Replies: 1
Views: 3330

Not understanding usbFunctionInterrupt()

Hi I am referring to the following document: m And the following excerpt: If your application sends notifications only, you don't care whether an unsent notification is lost. In this case you simply call usbFunctionInterrupt() without any checks. Could someone clarify this please. I could not find a...
by Talib
Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:49 pm
Topic: HIDKeys - Readme.txt clarifaction
Replies: 3
Views: 3227

Re: HIDKeys - Readme.txt clarifaction

PS And if for instance I do make a keyboard HID, which VID/PID should then be used?
by Talib
Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:25 pm
Topic: HIDKeys - Readme.txt clarifaction
Views: 3227

HIDKeys - Readme.txt clarifaction

Hi I need clarification on the following statement found in the HIDKeys Readme.txt (4) NEVER use Objective Development's free shared VID/PID pair for HIDs. Since Windows binds the driver by VID/PID, you would bind the HID driver instead of libusb to the IDs. I really don't understand this. I have to...
by Talib
Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:25 pm
Topic: Simplest HID Report?
Replies: 2
Views: 2979

Re: WIKI Clarification ... default descriptor

Ok, from what I can determine, is that I can't make a HID device without a Report. So what I am trying to do now is as described in the wiki: Vendor type requests sent to custom HID class device The advantages of a custom class and a HID device can be (kind of) combined. Libusb can access endpoint 0...
by Talib
Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Re: WIKI Clarification ... default descriptor

Basically, what i am also asking, what is the settings to make the simplest HID device (as not to require drivers)?
by Talib
Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:03 am

Simplest HID Report?

Referring to the following page: http://vusb.wikidot.com/examples especially the following lines: Descriptors can be provided in one of four ways: 1 You can decide to use V-USB's default descriptor (with eventually resides in flash memory). 2 In flash memory. 3 In RAM. 4 By means of a function which...
by Talib
Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:52 am
Topic: HID-Mouse compiled in AVR Studio ... very fast
Views: 3263

Re: HID-Mouse compiled in AVR Studio ... very fast

Hi I used the steps some steps in the reply of this post: http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4749&p=15603&hilit=mingw#p15603 Although I realize now it might not be mingw but the gcc with winavr. All I do is call: make hex Makefile from the command line and it compiles a hex file....
by Talib
Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:15 pm
Topic: HID-Mouse compiled in AVR Studio ... very fast
Views: 3263

HID-Mouse compiled in AVR Studio ... very fast

Hi

I created a project in AVR Studio and copied the files to the directory and added usbdrv.c and usbdrvasm.S as described in other topics. I also set my frequency in the project settings.

It works, but is much faster than compiled via MingW and the circle is much bigger. Any ideas why?