Search found 10 matches

by PHermansson
Fri May 07, 2010 12:10 pm
Forum: V-USB
Topic: A simple example
Replies: 7
Views: 6086

Re: A simple example

Yo know, I saw that example, but at the bottom he says there's an error with it. Now that I'm looking at it again, even that error would appear to prove that the USB initializes. But I'm a little confused at one thing... why does he calibrate the internal oscillator from 16.5 down to 8.25? If I'm u...
by PHermansson
Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:31 pm
Topic: Device works with hub but not without
Replies: 2
Views: 2816

Re: Device works with hub but not without

Hmm ok. My zener are hole-mounted, and reads 3.17. Yours read 4.0. They are rated at 3.6... But this the nature of zenerdiods, they are unpredictable. But at the same time, mine reads practicle the same in both cases. Strange indeed.
by PHermansson
Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:38 pm
Topic: Device works with hub but not without
Views: 2816

Device works with hub but not without

This is a strange problem but I'm determined to find a solution. I have a few V-USB-based designs, two based on ATTiny25 without a crystal ("No 1" & No 2") and one with a 461 and a 12MHz crystal ("No3"). No1 & No2 has 47u and 0.1u over the supply lines. No 1 and No 2...
by PHermansson
Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:27 am
Topic: Weird VUSB Linux disconnect...
Views: 3228

Re: Weird VUSB Linux disconnect...

My devices works with Ubuntu 9.10 if connected to a hub, but not if connected directly to the USB-ports on the computer. I once saw a bug-report about that, will see if I find it again.
by PHermansson
Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:24 am
Topic: Volume Control using Consumer Devices HID
Replies: 4
Views: 4027

Re: Volume Control using Consumer Devices HID

You might try to describe your problem a bit more. What's happening and what's not happening?

I haven't worked with HID myself, my plan for a volume control includes libusb, a potentiometer and Linux amixer.
by PHermansson
Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:24 am
Topic: Separate power supply
Replies: 1
Views: 2200

Re: Separate power supply

There is a setting in usbconfig.h (I think) about "self-powered" device.
I would try to use this, and connect the USB 5V to a I/O-pin. That can then be used in the code detect if USB is connected or not.
by PHermansson
Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:25 pm
Topic: The simplest possible V-USB device
Replies: 6
Views: 7657

Re: The simplest possible V-USB device

Well I remember how much I searched for information and the hours spend to understand So I can give some answers, although the Wiki is essential reading: 1/ The Attiny25/45/85 can be used with their internal oscillator, no crystal needed. 2/ The "ADC"-pins are not just "ADC"-pins...
by PHermansson
Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:13 pm

Re: The simplest possible V-USB device

Hello!
No sorry, I don't have a Studio project for this. I've just used Studio to set the fuses, the rest is done with a text editor, avr-gcc and avrdude.
by PHermansson
Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 pm

The simplest possible V-USB device

My goal is to create the simplest possible V-USB based device. It won't to anything, just be visible to the system as a Libusb device. May not sound too interesting, but see it as a framework for further developement. Hardware Based on a ATTiny25. Two 1N4148 in the USB power line, 100n and 10-47u ca...
by PHermansson
Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:47 am
Topic: EasyLogger on a Tiny25
Replies: 1
Views: 2989

EasyLogger on a Tiny25

To start with, I'm an AVR beginner... I've got interested in the EasyLogger and build a circuit, but only had an ATTiny25 at hand. I've tried to modify the code somewhat and removed the Led-functions, but the code is still a bit to large för the '25. avr-objcopy -j .text -j .data -O ihex main.bin ma...