Search found 6 matches

by BrainSlugs83
Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:00 am
Forum: V-USB
Topic: "This device cannot start" (code 10)
Replies: 2
Views: 6860

Re: "This device cannot start" (code 10)

Actually, scratch that. Looking closer at your code I noticed this: 0x95, 0x06, // REPORT_COUNT (2) 0x81, 0x03, // INPUT (Cnst,Var,Abs) Notice that your comment correctly says "REPORT COUNT 2", but actually the code says 6. You should just fix it to be 2 like the comment says and that shou...
by BrainSlugs83
Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:14 am
Topic: vusb joystick analog problem
Replies: 3
Views: 5869

Re: vusb joystick analog problem

Could it be a problem with the host PC? I was testing a joystick I'd built on a friend's laptop recently, and the Joystick control panel was very ... jumpy(?) -- it would occasionally lock up and stop getting updates on some button presses or the Joystick axis... -- Sometimes the crosshairs would di...
by BrainSlugs83
Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:58 am
Topic: "This device cannot start" (code 10)
Replies: 2
Views: 6860

Re: "This device cannot start" (code 10)

Looks like you have 14 buttons per gamepad -- 14 bits is definitely not byte aligned. You could add two buttons per gamepad to bring it up to 16 buttons, or you could add 2 bits of padding per gamepad. For padding, under "0x05, 0x09 // Usage Page (Button)", right after "0x81, 0x02 // ...
by BrainSlugs83
Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:29 am
Topic: Emulating multiple HID devices on one Microcontroller?
Replies: 1
Views: 5119

Emulating multiple HID devices on one Microcontroller?

Hey guys, I recently built a USB adapter for a console gamepad. I was hoping to extend it to support multiple gamepads -- and while just adding more buttons and axises to the USB descriptor works (at least, with some games), it will still only show up as a single gamepad to the PC (so, other games d...
by BrainSlugs83
Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:12 am
Topic: Windows 10 changes USB timing
Replies: 6
Views: 11067

Re: Windows 10 changes USB timing

Upon closer inspection; the failure I received seems to be closer to a problem with USB 3.0 ports in Windows 10. New devices with crystal oscillators still works fine with USB 2.0 ports on Windows 10 computers. It's worse for OSCCAL though -- if you store the tuning in EEPROM, you can at least unplu...
by BrainSlugs83
Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:33 am
Topic: Windows 10 changes USB timing
Replies: 6
Views: 11067

Re: Windows 10 changes USB timing

This seems to be a bigger deal than just osccal... I can't get any of the examples working in Windows 10 -- same exact hardware/firmware works fine in Windows 7, but completely fails in Windows 10 with "A request for the USB device descriptor failed.", and in device manager under VID/PID i...